Akaal Pharma is a clinical-stage drug discovery and development company focused on developing breakthrough and innovative small molecule drugs for the treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. Akaal has created a pipeline of new topical and oral drugs for the treatment of dermatological diseases including Psoriasis and Atopic Dermatitis and autoimmune diseases including Multiple Sclerosis...Read More
Akaal Pharma is developing novel, safer and highly effective drug candidates for the treatment of diseases with significantly large unmet medical need. Akaal Pharma's drug pipeline contains innovative new small molecule drugs for the treatment of Psoriasis, Atopic Dermatitis, Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Ulcerative Colitis (UC). Akaal Pharma's business strategy is to partner its proprietary drug candidates...Read More
Akaal Pharma has completed a Phase 1 clinical trial of its topical drug candidate AKP-11 for the treatment of patients with mild to moderate psoriasis. In this 4 week clinical study, AKP-11 was found to be safe, well tolerated and effective as a new topical therapy. The current available topical treatments suffer from various local and systemic adverse side effects including skin irritation, skin thinning and others. AKP-11 has shown superior profile as a topical therapy as it did not show any systemic exposure...Read More
- Mar072016AKP-11 poster presented at ACTRIMS Forum 2016 Meeting in New Orleans, LA, USA.
- Dec102015Akaal Pharma Announces Superior Safety and Comparable Efficacy of Sphingosine 1-Phosphate Receptor-1 (S1P1) Modulator AKP-11 as Compared to Gilenya (Fingolimod) for the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Dec072015US Patents Issued to Akaal Pharma on S1P1 Receptor Modulators Useful for the Treatment of Autoimmune and Inflammatory Diseases.
- Jun162015Akaal Pharma Receives Approval to Initiate Phase 2 Clinical Trial for the Topical Treatment of Psoriasis.
- Jan292015Akaal Pharma Announces Positive Results from Phase 1 Clinical Study of Novel Topical AKP-11 for the Treatment of Psoriasis.